By providing quality and innovative education and other services, RIDBC will achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations with hearing or vision loss throughout Australia.
The range of specialist services available at RIDBC is unique in Australia and is benefiting thousands of children a year. These services are delivered by a broad range of highly qualified professionals.
Services are provided from 13 permanent sites but serve families and children throughout Australia. Using face to face services combined with modern technology, RIDBC connects families across Australia to the expert therapy and services they need.
RIDBC Renwick Centre is Australia’s leading provider of professional development and research in the education of children with hearing or vision loss. Through the Renwick Centre, RIDBC helps to ensure that services for children and their families—across Australia and around the world—are based on current evidence and are delivered by skilled and knowledgeable professionals.
RIDBC is a charity and relies significantly on community support.
- Early intervention programs for children from birth to five years
- Five preschool programs for children aged three to five years based on a reverse integration model, and support in mainstream preschools
- Three schools as well as a school support service for children with hearing or vision loss who attend mainstream schools
- A regional or remote service where families and children are receiving services via videoconference
- Individual therapy sessions
- Assessment and planning services, including orthoptics and audiology
- Outreach programs in Indigenous communities
- A world class research program and postgraduate courses for professionals working with children with vision or hearing loss
- A professional development program for professionals working with children with vision or hearing loss
- To provide high quality and innovative education and other services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations with hearing and/or vision loss throughout Australia.
- To engage in research, information dissemination, professional preparation and continuing staff development for teachers and associated professionals in the field of sensory disability.
- To recruit the best people we can, engage them in challenging work, and continually develop their skills and knowledge so that they can perform to the best of their ability.
- To provide sufficient funding from diverse sources to have maximum impact on the mission of RIDBC.
By providing quality and innovative education and other services, RIDBC will achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations with hearing and/or vision loss.
In everything we do, we are always…
- Striving for High Quality
- Respectful to all People
- Sharing Knowledge
- Child & Family Focussed