Early Learning Program (HI)
RIDBC Early Learning Program (Hearing Impairment) provides family-centred education and therapy services for children aged 0-6 who have a significant hearing impairment. RIDBC Early Learning Program (HI) teachers/therapists work collaboratively with families to develop and implement an individual program for each child.
- Individual teaching/therapy sessions for children and parents/caregivers
- Early Learning Group sessions for children and families
- Assessment and planning sessions to determine the future needs of each child
- Access to support from professionals including: Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Educational Psychologist
- Courses and workshops for families
- Access to the RIDBC Jim Patrick Audiology Centre
- Access to RIDBC Cochlear Implant Program
- Lending library with child and parent resources
- Preschool Support for children attending mainstream settings
Who can apply for enrolment?
RIDBC Early Learning Program (HI) services are available to any child who:
- Has a significant hearing impairment
- Is between the ages of 0-6
- Has not yet enrolled in formal schooling
No formal referral is required but documentation of the child’s sensory impairment is necessary before entry to the program.
RIDBC Early Learning Program (HI) are based at:
- North Rocks (Sydney)
- Nepean (Glenmore Park)
- Waverley (Sydney East)
- Miranda (Sydney - South)
- Rouse Hill (Sydney - North West)
- Gosford (Central Coast)
- Lismore (North Coast)
- Hunter (Newcastle)
- The Australian Hearing Hub (Macquarie University)
Families living outside these areas can access services through a combination of in-person visits and videoconference sessions
How do you apply for enrolment?
For further information and an application form call 1300 581 391
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
RIDBC is a registered provider with the NDIS. Find out more about the support that is available.
Better Start for Children with Disability initiative.
RIDBC is a registered Better Start provider. Find out more about the support that is available.