"I feel the partnership with RIDBC has genuinely benefited our company. It gives us a chance to build team morale through our fundraising activities on behalf of RIDBC. Our team members also get a real feeling of community support and a lot of satisfaction that they are assisting in helping children with vision or hearing loss."
Michael Jorgensen, General Manager, Crane Distribution Limited/Tradelink
(a division of Fletcher Building Limited)
"This is not just philanthropy but a genuine commitment to support children with disability. RIDBC is very fortunate indeed to have a partnership that is of such benefit to both organisations."
Chris Rehn, Chief Executive
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children
For a corporate partnership to work successfully it has to benefit both the company and RIDBC. There has to be an understanding what impact the partnership is having. We seek to have relationships with companies that provide opportunities for engagement at all levels of the organisation – working with the company’s most valuable asset – its people to benefit the children and families we provide services for.
Some of RIDBC’s partnership opportunities include:
- Adopt RIDBC as the company’s charity of choice and encourage employees to participate in the company’s fundraising activities.
- Corporate donations are a tax effective way of making a direct contribution to RIDBC’s many programs and services
- Corporate sponsorship of an RIDBC community fundraising event
- In-kind contributions of goods and services help reduce RIDBC’s costs allowing us to direct more of each fundraising dollar directly to our programs for the children
- Volunteering time and skills for specific projects or general purposes at RIDBC provides the chance of direct involvement by employees and the opportunity to see where the company’s support from RIDBC is utilised
- Work place giving – employees can make a regular contribution to RIDBC through the company’s payroll system.
It is an easy and tax efficient way to contribute to RIDBC.
Collaborative workplace giving adds to the partnership. When employees and employers combine their support with a matched giving program, the benefits are even greater. The employees are recognised by the company for making a positive contribution to RIDBC and RIDBC is better able to plan and budget.
Our corporate partners:
You company can help RIDBC reach more children all over Australia who have a vision or hearing loss. Contact RIDBC’s Manager of Corporate Partnerships on (02) 9872 0237 to discuss the possibilities.