RIDBC Auslan Tutor
The RIDBC Auslan Tutor is a portable video-based Australian Sign Language (Auslan) teaching resource developed specifically mobile devices. It is available for download on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch on the App Store and Android™ devices on Google Play.
RIDBC Auslan Tutor
RIDBC Auslan Tutor: Key Signs
|iOS Version - $39.99
Android Version - $30.00
|Available FREE for iOS and Android.
Note: RIDBC Auslan Tutor: Key Signs is a
reduced version containing 150 key signs.
RIDBC Auslan Tutor is a multimedia tutorial which has been designed for use on mobile devices to help anyone wanting to learn Australian Sign Language (Auslan) and communicate with someone who is deaf. It is designed for families of young deaf children to assist them to learn Auslan and promote early communication between parent and child. The full version includes over 500 signs. These signs were carefully chosen as those most needed by families in their interactions with, and teaching of, their young deaf children.
Each sign has five corresponding entries which can be viewed on demand as often as necessary. The five entries are:
- a photo of the handshape used to form the sign
- a video clip demonstrating the single sign
- a video clip of the sign used in a phrase
- a video clip of the phrase used in a sentence
- a text note about Auslan grammar that is pertinent to the sign, phrase, or sentence. These notes have been included to help the user gain a basic understanding of the grammatical structure of Auslan.
This clear and easy to follow hierarchy allows the user to build upon their previous knowledge as they move through the entries. The portability increases the amount of instruction the user can access, providing ongoing communication opportunities throughout the day.
- Clear and easy to follow learning hierarchy
- Over 500 signs, each demonstrated multiple times in single words, phrases, and sentences.
- Special Auslan grammar instruction for each sign
- Auslan Northern and Southern dialects
- Sign search
- Related signs
Note: Auslan Tutor: Key Signs is a free, reduced version application that contains 150 key signs.
The RIDBC Auslan Tutor was developed by Auslan and education experts at the Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children, with consultation from the Australian deaf community.
Where to buy
Due to the size of the RIDBC Auslan Tutor (812 MB), it may take 1-4 hours to download depending on your internet connection. RIDBC does not recommend you download the application if you are using a dial-up internet connection.
The RIDBC Auslan Tutor is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 6+ and Android devices running 4.0+.
Phone: +61 2 9872 0369