RIDBC Teleschool provides education and therapy services to children with hearing or vision loss in regional remote Australia, using high quality videoconferencing technology in the family home or other local facilities.
Experienced RIDBC therapists and teachers tailor an individual program for each child.
RIDBC Teleschool Services include:
- Intensive regular individual sessions
- Group parent sessions
- Information about hearing and/or vision loss
- Listening and Spoken Language development
- Auslan support if needed
- Braille tuition and vision loss support
- Parent networking and information
- A lending library with child and parent resources
- Transition to school and School Support
- Visits to RIDBC’s North Rocks Campus, including:
- early learning groups
- preschool/school visits
- assessments and planning
- face-to-face sessions
- on-site accommodation
Who can apply for enrolment?
RIDBC Teleschool services are available to any child in Australia who:
- Has a significant hearing impairmentand/or a significant vision impairment.
- Is between the ages of 0–18
- Has not yet left school
- No formal referral is required but documentation of the child’s sensory impairment is necessary before entry to the program.
How do you apply for enrolment?
or download the forms from here:
For further information and an application form contact:
Telephone: 1300 131 923
Fax: (02) 9872 0889
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
RIDBC is a registered provider with the NDIS. Find out more about the support that is available.
Better Start for Children with Disability initiative.
RIDBC is a registered Better Start provider. Find out more about the support that is available.