Volunteers play a fundamental role at RIDBC – they are an integral part of our organisation and increase our ability to achieve our objectives. Join a team of more than 250 volunteers and help support RIDBC services across all of our sites.
Why Volunteer at RIDBC?
- Maintain or develop workplace skills
- Increase your confidence
- Explore new challenges
- Contribute to the support of children with sensory impairment
- Great opportunities for work experience
- Annual Volunteer functions
- Social interaction
- Library membership to RIDBC Ridge Family Library
- RIDBC provide ‘on the job’ training and a supportive environment
There are a number of ways you can get involved:
- General Volunteers come from a broad cross-section of the community and work in a variety of areas including proofreading, archiving, clerical work, library, classrooms, special events and gardening.
- Fundraising Volunteers assist with a variety of events and clerical tasks that support RIDBC’s Community Relations and Fundraising team.
- Corporate Volunteers are valued partners in supporting RIDBC’s activities. Corporate teams may volunteer for half or full-day projects, including assisting at school events, gardening, painting, cleaning and other general maintenance tasks.
- Over 1,500 volunteers are members of our fundraising committees through our clubs and auxiliaries. Other volunteers at RIDBC include our Board of Directors and Ambassadors.
- Communications Internships assist the Media and Communications Team in publicising key fundraising events RIDBC and helping you to gain excellent work experience as you embark on your career in PR or Communications.
- RIDBC also has its own Garden Club that helps to plan and manage the gardens at North Rocks.
- You may also wish to volunteer by joining a fundraising group here.
Caring for our volunteers
All volunteers participate in the volunteer recruitment process which involves an interview and reference checks to find the right match of skills and tasks. Volunteers will also participate in a comprehensive induction and site orientation upon commencement.
You can discuss the volunteer opportunities with our dedicated Volunteer Co-ordinator, and work out what might best suit your talents and time limits. All volunteers must complete the "Working with Children Check" in accordance with Child Protection legislation https://check.kids.nsw.gov.au/
If you would like to speak to someone about volunteering, please call us on 9872 0377. If you would like to speak to someone regarding work experience or student placements please contact us on 02 9872 0345.
For current volunteer opportunities, click here.